Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Heartfelt Thank you to our Veterans!



It's Veteran's Day! I know that most of us take what our veterans have done for us for granted, they are the reason we enjoy the freedom that we have in our country and are still fighting for us to this day.
Logan's 5th grade class presented a musical, patriotic program today called "Voices of Freedom" in honor of our veterans. There were many veterans present today for this, some from WW2 to Iraq. I saw some moved to tears. When I see a grown man cry, it really moves me. The last song that was performed was "Taps", we were all asked to stand for this and I saw several of the veterans saluting those who lost their lives for us. Really touching. I do think it was great for these school children to see actual faces of the people who fought for our country.
There was a slide show presentation shown to the music of God Bless America. Some of the most beautiful sites in our great country from the planes to snow capped mountains. If Earth is this beautiful, can you imagine how beautiful Heaven will really be?
Here is a picture of Logan and my parents after the program, and also my dad's name during the presentation of veteran's names.

No comments:

Post a Comment