Saturday, December 27, 2008

Nashville






Okay, I'm really behind on this blogging thing! We went for a long weekend in Nashville the weekend before Thanksgiving. We have not been anywhere this year on vacation after building a new house, and a swimming pool. I just felt like I had to get away just for a couple of days. We had a great time. Got there Friday night and ate at the Rainforest Cafe, which I love. The last time we had eaten at one was at Disney World and Madison was 3. She was absolutely terrified of the "thunderstorms". This trip however, no worries. The kids had money to spend and spent some of it in the Rainforest Store.
Saturday morning, we had breakfast with the Grinch. Two other families from our church, The Bishops and The McClellans, were also in Nashville and we spent the day together. We all had a great time. Mike even went back to the room to watch the Ole Miss game while we stayed at the mall and shopped. We made lots of pictures in the Opryland Hotel, which was what I used for my Christmas card pictures.
The kids were amazed by the lights outside the Hotel, and the beautiful Nativity Scene outside.
Sunday, we met up again with everybody and went to see the ICE! exhibit. This was How the Grinch stole Christmas story carved out in ice sculptures. It was incredible. It was 9 degrees inside. While we were in line, we were given parkas to wear inside! Oh, and there were also two slides made completely out of ice inside. The kids (and Mike) loved this! I stayed below to make pictures! ha
Monday I had to go back to work, while Mike was off for the week and my kids were out of school for Thanksgiving break! (So not fair!)
It was nice to just get a way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment